Thursday, April 07, 2011

Tangerine Still Life II

finished drawing
I've opted for a less centered composition.





As I stated in the previous post, I'm taking more time for accurate drawing.  Here, I'm using a brush to find the center lines.  You can see in the above drawing that I've drawn this vertical center line and the horizontal line as well.



Now I'm ready to start laying in color.



Here as before, I've approached this by laying largest area and then progressed to the bowl.  I go to the bowl next because it's edges are neighbors to the negative space.  I want to blend those edges before they dry.



Using this type of paint - it's very easy to get a fluid blending to happen.  Because the paint dries so quickly, it's also easy to get dry brush effects.  I'm cognisant of where I want each effect to occur.



5" x 7" opaque watercolour on cold pressed Arches



detail


still room for two more sketches there...

No comments: